If you’re building a new house, you need to also install an approved vehicle crossing from your property to the road.

How to Apply 

You will need to apply to install or upgrade an entrance by filling the Vehicle Crossing Application Form [PDF 353 KB] which you can either send to [email protected] or deliver to our office at 17 Maniapoto Street, Ōtorohanga. Applications are free of charge.


The application form will be sent to a Council staff member who will assess the design and location of the proposed entrance which will include a site visit.

You will receive the decision within 10 working days of applying.


Once the approval is granted, you will need to construct the entranceway according to Council's standards (in the downloads section) and once completed, call for a final inspection.