Stock Crossing Permits
All stock crossing permit applications will be assessed against Council's Bylaw in respect of Underpass Requirements, which is available here [PDF, 139 KB]. The outcome of this assessment may result in the application being declined or the application being approved but with the construction of an underpass being required before a specific date.
These conditions are extracted from the Stock Movement Bylaw 2014 and are not all that will be required to be met, merely an idea of what will be required to obtain a permit.
- Stock crossing permits are for dairy cattle only
- The crossing must have clear visibility as set out in the table below:
* The Engineering Manager will advise as to the operating speed on any particular section of the road.
|Operating Speed (v85)*
||Minimum Sigh Distances (metres)
- The permit holder is to make clear provisions for clearing animal droppings, mud etc from the road by washing, sweeping or grading and picking up the material for disposal at an off-the-road site. Any wash down facilities will need to comply with Waikato Regional Council requirements.
- Crossing of stock will not be permitted during hours of darkness or other periods of limited visibility unless approved flashing lights and traffic controls are employed.
Before a permit can be issued a Council Officer will meet with you on site to ensure that all conditions have been met.
- Application form
- Traffic management plan
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Council fee (GST inclusive) - $145.00 per crossing