At noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020, our Waikato region will move back into Alert Level 2.
Auckland will move into Alert Level 3 at the same time, for at least three days. More updates will follow.
Here's what this means for the Waikato:
• Only essential travel to/from Auckland
• Don’t panic buy. Waikato businesses are open with social distancing in place.
• Keep a 2 metre physical distance and wear a mask when in public when you can’t distance.
• Stay home if you’re sick, wash your hands, cough or sneeze into your elbow, clean surfaces
• If you are sick call your GP or Healthline 0800 611 116 to book a free COVID-19 test, and get tested if asked
• Keep a record of where you have been.
The most up to date all of government information and guidance for recovery can be found at https://covid19.govt.nz/
The official Ministry of Health website is still the main source of all up-to-date New Zealand COVID-19 health information and advice.