- Provide technical advice on matters relating to Council property
- Manage Council’s diverse lease portfolio
- Minimise Council risk through sound judgement and good political acumen
From the peaceful seaside towns of Kāwhia and Aotea in the west to the beautiful lakes of Arapuni and Waipapa on the eastern boundary, nestled under the slopes of Pirongia and Kakepuku mountains, Ōtorohanga district has it all. The district is centrally located, in the heart of the mighty Waikato region, only two hours from Auckland, Tauranga and New Plymouth.
If you are keen on the outdoors these are all on our doorstep: underground adventure at the Waitomo Caves, fishing out of Kāwhia Harbour, mountain biking at Pirongia or on two of Aotearoa’s Great Rides – the Timber Trail and Waikato River Trails, surfing at Raglan and the ski fields of Mount Ruapehu. Ōtorohanga is the Kiwiana Capital of New Zealand, and is a vibrant town that enjoys a range of services, cafes and boutique shops.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Property Advisor to provide expert knowledge about all things property-related, including leases, licences and land use, to achieve positive outcomes for Council and the community by ensuring appropriate advice is always given.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A positive attitude
- A track record in providing technical property advice with good outcomes
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to the Property Law Act, Reserves Act, Public Works Act, Public Bodies Leases Act and Local Government Act.
- The ability to operate with a degree of autonomy showing sound risk management
- Capacity to negotiate with a wide range of customers and landowners
- Experience in managing a lease portfolio and other property contractual arrangements
- A collaborative approach when working with iwi and key stakeholders
Competitive remuneration is offered.
You can access the position description here [PDF, 809 KB], to find out more about this exciting opportunity
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information call Kylie on 07 873 4000.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26th February.